Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Film Clip:: Running Through the Louvre {Godard & Bertolucci}



Anyone else skeeved out by Bertolucci's "gaze"? I turned a blind eye when watching his Stealing Beauty for some reason, but I just couldn't help but feel like I was watching a lecherous old man's horne?y, voyeuristic fantasy when I watched The Dreamers. It's all very beautifully shot & edited, playing with a Michel Gondry-like theme of the blurred edges of reality, which is why I put up with it.

I recently raced down the steps of Kodak Theatre in the spirit of the Louvre scene in Bande à PartThe Dreamers on a springish evening in Hollywood. In the genre of the moment, I wound up at the noirish Formosa Café, trying not to raise the ire of the waitstaff. I just quietly sat drinking my martini w/olives & not being raucous or noisy, but maybe I was thinking "one of us, one of us!!!"






international weather

nowWednesday
yonge34ºF/1ºC mostcldy32ºF/0ºC partcldy
mulholland60ºF/16ºC mostcldy67ºF/19ºC partcldy

No comments:

Post a Comment