Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Qu'Appelle? (Place names you remember)


So, as the plane descended, I saw white blanketing the ground as far as the eye could see. I thought of a friend with ties to the 'Peg and wondered if the snow covered all that way.

I thought about the last time I was in Manitoba. It was 1992 and I was on Trans-Can driving my corolla and making sure not to put in 85 octane fuel. I remember going through Qu'Appelle, which I thought was in Manitoba. Wrong. It's in Saskatchewan, but it got me thinking about place names I remember.


  • Humptulips, Washington {no thanks, I'm good}

  • Cool, California {had a place there for a few years}

  • Rough and Ready, CA {good friends live near there}

  • Coos Bay, OR {sounds vaguely dirty}

  • Weed, CA

  • Paw Paw, MI

    Places I have my eye on:

  • Mianus, CT {the "Beavis" in me wants to go here after seeing 'poo diving' at the sewage treatment plant on Jackass}

  • Radium Hot Springs, BC {Just love that name}

  • Voltaire, ND {until I find a town called Sartre}

  • Kooskooskie, WA

    Almost made it:

  • Boring, OR

  • Liberal, KS

    Any place names stick in your mind?



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment